Persian Day (No-Rooz)

I was at Nordstand, one of the big mall in Gothenburg, when there was a performance present by Iranian. It held at the mall atrium so all people there can see it. I felt the stage stared at me and invited me to came, so my Taiwanese friend and I decided to pass by and watch. I didn't really know about who was the performer and what kind of performance that was, but I was impressed with the women dress on the stage. It was kind of light colorful dress completed with veil (hijab).

The day after, I had a talk with my department friend, Muhammad, an Iranian guy. He told me that yesterday was Persian day. I didn't remember how he said the name of the event, but when I was googling, I found that it must be No-Rooz. No-Rooz is persian new year and usually start at beginning of spring. Persian is the indigenous (local) Iranian people. For more information you can read in this link (http://www.iranchamber.com/culture/articles/norooz_iranian_new_year.php).

Well, what did they perform?? :)
At first, they performed a traditional Persian dance -I don't know what it named-. A man together with 3 women were dancing with they hand coupled. See the picture below.


The performance became more attractive when a little girl wearing a 'sexy' dress came forward and the music went louder. The girl was so amazing, she danced so lively. 


That's all I can write about it --have no idea since I have to continue my work-- haha
Cheers up ^,^9

Comments

Popular Posts